Kinly is one of the world’s most recognisable companies within the Audio Visual and Unified Communications technology space, working with numerous high-profile global-class organisations, helping them drive maximum collaboration, engagement and productivity to enable their colleagues to work together, from everywhere.
We design, engineer and support audio visual and collaboration technology solutions that add real business value and deliver exceptional user experiences, every time.
Due to our continually expanding customer base, we are now looking to further add to our team of Service Engineers in London.
The Service Engineers within Kinly are a critical part of the most important aspect of our services, delivering highly skilled problem-solving response capability to a range of key clients across enterprise, corporate, government and retail.
The responsibility will be to servicing professional Audio-Visual environments from standard meeting rooms, boardrooms, auditoria, video walls, digital signage, digital Signal Processors/Audio processing and video conferencing technology.
The role is central to our services strategy, and successful candidates will receive support, mentoring, training, and investment by the business to support their development.
Kinly’s service and service teams are the envy of the UK Professional AV industry, and we are looking for new colleagues to join our team that aspire to live our values with us – In it together, Passionate innovators and reliable professionals!
We are a diverse, inclusive, and supportive team looking for either experienced candidates or ambitious, determined entrants to the industry with the right attitude and adjacent skillets.
The Service Engineering team utilize a host of collaboration tools to ensure a real-time technical and operational support network is always active, all dispatch visits to sites are vetted by the Service Operations teams and are also pre-scoped by the technical service desk. Service visits are executed by the engineering team, with remote support provided where required, and a strong support network of fellow service engineers and technical service desk and specialist subject matter experts available to support. The Kinly Service team follow the ITIL model of incident and problem management, and all team members are encouraged to embrace this methodology as part of their training and development journey with Kinly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform site visits to Kinly clients to perform investigative troubleshooting of complex AV systems, assessing and identifying sub-optimal performance and effecting a solution where possible
- Complete verbal and written situation report to progress the incident management process rapidly
- Maintain a solid foundation in AV, networking, AV over IP, DSP technology, Microsoft and IT knowledge and concepts
- Maintain, nurture, and exploit the training and development resources of Kinly to remain at forefront of technical knowledge
- Execute Preventative Maintenance Visits where necessary, ensuring all system checks are carried out, documented as per process
- Represent Kinly culture, values, and professionalism in all customer service engagements, following company policy and guidelines
- Explain faults to the client in a way they can understand, convey the issue and what will be done to fix the problem
- Ideally be expert in the support of Control Systems, Digital Sound Processors, Pro AV routing and switching technologies, AV-over-IP hardware and applications, basic networking, Digital Signage and Microsoft Teams Room systems. Or at minimum demonstrate a strong understanding and passion for the attainment of the above
- Ideally be expert in the following technology areas, or at a minimum show a good understanding and passion for the attainment of expertise in;
- troubleshooting complex AV systems – control, audio and video
- fault finding and simple programming/troubleshooting of Crestron, AMX and other leading control manufacturers
- configuration and fault finding of Digital Sound Processors (DSP) such as Q-Sys, Biamp and Clearone
- IPTV systems, Digital Signage & Satellite systems from OneLan, Tripleplay, Exterity and MediaStar
- computer software, hardware, and Microsoft applications
- Demonstrate a proven track record in logical and process-driven fault-finding methods in the context of Professional audio visual and video conferencing systems to a high level, under pressure
- Exhibit strong customer service skills to manage clients in pressured situations
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Kinly is the globally trusted AV and UCC technology advisor to world-class organisations. Our solutions drive maximum collaboration, engagement and productivity to enable a world where people can work together, from everywhere. Our people are unified by a passion for helping teams achieve their workplace communication and collaboration goals, irrespective of complexity, location or project size. We design, engineer and support audio visual and collaboration technology solutions that add real business value and deliver exceptional user experiences, every time.
We are experienced: When you join our family you’ll be part of a multi-award-winning team made up of the industry’s most innovative professionals.
We are proven: The world’s leading global businesses rely on us to deliver secure and reliable meeting experiences. Come with us on our journey.
We are independent: We partner with the world’s best AV vendors to deliver our customers unrivalled access to cutting edge technology tailored to their exact needs.
We are global: You’ll be working with alongside the world’s leading brands and supporting them on high-profile, international projects.
Kinly is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, gender identity, pregnancy, colour, race, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, religion or any other ‘protected characteristics. We welcome your application.