The SME will be the primary technical support contact for clients in the support of the delivered systems within the Global Service’s team. Managing our client’s global estate information remotely and locally, to maintain maximum reliability, serviceability, and efficiency in all areas of support.
The SME will be the main client contact specialising in supporting the client AV estate, understanding internal client processes and maintaining strong operational relationships.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SME Service and Support:
- To provide in depth troubleshooting, often remotely and provide user support for any reported service issues
- Provide user-training to the end client and support teams in the best practice of system use and support scenarios
- Fault finding of audio visual and video conferencing systems to a high level, under pressure.
- Excellent technical knowledge of AV & VC equipment from all major brands. (Cisco/Crestron/Extron/Poly/Logi and various others)
- Codec configurations, provisioning systems on VC infrastructure (i.e. TMS, Microsoft Teams Room,), phonebook creation
- Code uploading to Crestron devices (panel, processor, x-panel, server)
- Configuration and fault finding of Digital Sound Processors (DSP) such as Q-Sys, Biamp and Clearone, Shure.
- Support of IPTV systems, Digital Signage & Satellite systems from OneLan, Tripleplay, Exterity and MediaStar.
- Good understanding of computer software and hardware systems.
- Networking knowledge to fault find audio and video conference networks. e.g. Dante audio and Multicast video streams.
- Understanding both digital/analogue audio and video signals e.g. HDMI, Display Port, DVI Component, and Composite.
- Communication with local and global teams to assist in fault resolution
- Attend regular meetings to improve the service globally
- Ability to carry out site surveys if required and spot potential problems (surfaces, flooring, cabling)
- Ability to read and work to schematic drawings
- System Development and reporting of client feedback
- Ability to build relationships and work closely with vendors
- Educating local onsite teams when required
- Communicating with Video Specialists (Manufacturers, client and Kinly)
- Maintaining strong relationships and good lines of communication with the client’s management team
- Creation of documentation (Troubleshooting guide, user guides)
SME Commissioning Quality Assurance:
- To assist the commissioning contact, either remotely or onsite, to ensure that systems are installed to our strict commissioning guidelines and policies and within the specified timeframe.
- Working with design CAD Schematics, ensuring systems are installed and working at optimum levels and to client expectations
- Attending internal handover meetings to gain visibility of Global Services client projects and provide input into designs and support considerations
- Complete Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) at client’s site which includes final adjustment of system prior to handover to client.
- Support Project Manager in the successful delivery of projects.
- Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers to ensure technical knowledge is gained to successfully deliver projects
- Ensuring project information is accurately captured and stored correctly on our streamlined online tools.
- Feeding into a continuous improvement process for future system and service development.
Kinly is the globally trusted AV and UCC technology advisor to world-class organisations. Our solutions drive maximum collaboration, engagement and productivity to enable a world where people can work together, from everywhere. Our people are unified by a passion for helping teams achieve their workplace communication and collaboration goals, irrespective of complexity, location or project size. We design, engineer and support audio visual and collaboration technology solutions that add real business value and deliver exceptional user experiences, every time.
We are experienced: When you join our family you’ll be part of a multi-award-winning team made up of the industry’s most innovative professionals.
We are proven: The world’s leading global businesses rely on us to deliver secure and reliable meeting experiences. Come with us on our journey.
We are independent: We partner with the world’s best AV vendors to deliver our customers unrivalled access to cutting edge technology tailored to their exact needs.
We are global: You’ll be working with alongside the world’s leading brands and supporting them on high-profile, international projects.
Kinly is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, gender identity, pregnancy, colour, race, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, religion or any other ‘protected characteristics. We welcome your application.