The AV Onsite Technician’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Running AV events, including pre-event testing of audio, video and presentation facilities
- Primary contact for event coordination.
- Liaising with clients for large events to understand their requirements.
- Attend pre-production meetings required for any scheduled special events.
- Primary support to operate any global production events.
- To own the event experiences for the meeting host and attendees.
- To assist management of high-profile events and become a trusted advisor.
- To escalate any operational issues to the appropriate level of support and make suggestions for improvements.
- To produce event reports which highlights the use of space.
- Video/audio conference set-up and support. Best efforts should be made to ensure all suites are connected on time and receiving/transmitting good audio/video.
- Site certification of all new and relocated video conference systems.
- Carry out video conference software.
- Assist with support for video/audio conferencing problems. Investigate faults and recommend further actions to rectify.
- Supporting virtual events
- Working knowledge of virtual technologies including but not limited to; WebEx, Zoom and Teams
GENERAL AV MEETING ROOM SUPPORT
- Ensure all multi-media/presentation rooms are maintained in good working order.
- AV equipment set-up and support.
- Presentation/multi-media meeting room support, including duration support.
- Assist with support for multi-media broadcasting.
- Quick response to emergency/ad-hoc requests.
FAULTS AND ROOM CHECKS
- Carry out regular preventative room checks, ensuring all equipment functions correctly in accordance with the room check procedure.
- Ensure that all faults are reported in the correct way and in a timely manner.
- Proactive maintenance/reporting to ensure all AV equipment is always of the highest standard and functioning correctly.
- Assist with first line fault repairs.
- Carry out all power down/up when required, usually involving out-of-hours overtime commitments.
- Mentor other members of the team, including Locums.
- Assist with the training of all technical team members.
- Advise clients on best practice.
- Provide regular feedback on communication issues and service improvements.
- Focus on service/operational issues for review.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with global AV counterparts.
- Hold and attend regular meetings with global AV teams to discuss service and operations issues.
IT SUPPORT ROLE
- Basic Support Level
- Trouble shooting based on instructions
- Basic network and Mac/Windows OS level knowledge
- Laptop Imaging
- Asset management
- User admin rights management
- User access rights management
- Seek for assistance/guidance if needed
AV ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE
- CTS Roadmap
- AV Essentials
- Crestron NVX
- Cisco Videoconferencing
- Yamaha mixing Desk