Role – Engineering Manager (Project Services & System Integration)
Location – Cedar Knolls, New Jersey (Kinly operate a hybrid working pattern, allowing for a mix of office/home working)
Salary – Dependent on experience, plus large company benefits
Kinly is a leading integrator of audiovisual and unified communication solutions, serving as a globally trusted technology advisor for world-class organizations. For over 25 years, we have been designing, engineering, integrating, and supporting complex audiovisual solutions. Global companies rely on us to consistently deliver secure and flexible meeting experiences, and you will be an integral part of their experience.
As we continue to grow, we now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our highly innovative work environment in Cedar Knolls. The team operates in a highly collaborative manner, with a team-oriented approach and extensive knowledge sharing among colleagues. Their culture supports personal development and innovation, and they join forces to achieve common goals and solve complex problems.
Working at the cutting edge of AV/UC technologies provides you with the opportunity at Kinly to work with the latest innovations in audiovisual and cloud solutions. This environment is ideal for those passionate about keeping up with technological trends and wanting to contribute to groundbreaking and diverse projects. Your work will directly impact the success of new projects and customer satisfaction.
Working as the Engineering Manager, your main responsibility is to provide leadership and direction to the Kinly Project Delivery Engineering and Programming teams. This position will have the responsibility for post-sales engineering, CAD/Drafting, and control systems programming resources, processes, and delivery. This includes managing resources and coordinating the efforts of department leads along with each of the team members, third-party contractors, or consultants to deliver projects according to plan. You will also oversee quality control within defined department deliverables and defined project objectives, and oversee resource effectiveness throughout various project lifecycles.
- Coordinating departmental weekly status meetings for engineers and programmers
- Assist teams with reviewing and defining process scope, goals, and deliverables
- Communicate general project and process expectations to team members and clients
- Provide oversight of multiple teams with knowledge of engineering, drafting, and programming requirements of a wide range of video conferencing and integrated audio and video equipment
- Liaise with project management, resource management, sales order management, and contractor team members on an ongoing basis as required
- Estimate and track the resources and labor needed to achieve overall project goals
- Develop and deliver internal resource allocation, labor accrual, project completion, progress reports and requirements to management on a weekly or monthly basis
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members and contractors
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project and client accounts such as recognizing opportunities to do more business or sales with Kinly
This is a leadership role that gets deep into details of technical issues or personnel situations to drive to solution.
- Must have two or more of the following:
- AV Industry experience/expertise
- System Integrator/Project services experience/expertise
- Global 100 enterprise customer experience/expertise
- Control Systems & DSP programming experience/expertise
- Crestron experience is a massive plus
- Capable of managing several teams of 3-5 people overseeing solutions that span several geographic areas and disciplines
- Track record of fostering a culture of teamwork, curiosity, learning, and mentorship based on industry best practices and methods
- Organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Good business acumen and commercial understanding of business profitability
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
Kinly is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, gender identity, pregnancy, colour, race, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, religion or any other ‘protected characteristics. We welcome your application.