As the Financial Controller of this Global Tech Company, you oversee all aspects of transactional finance. You will be fully accountable for managing and delivering the monthly close process, cashflow management and forecasting, technical guidance to the team and wider business on accounting, direct/indirect taxes, international transactions and internal controls. You will be responsible for the annual audit process for the group companies as well as preparing formal financial statements for each company. You will hold a senior and demanding position in the Kinly UK finance team and report directly to the Group FD of the Kinly UK region.
- Strong people management - steering the finance functions through a period of rapid change and evolution as we roll out SAP in 2024.
- Oversee all company accounts, including foreign subsidiaries and holding companies.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
- Continue the progress already made toward reducing the monthly close efforts and improving task efficiencies prior to a new ERP roll-out in the 2nd half of 2024.
- Hands on management of the project revenue recognition process.
- Oversee commission calculations and assist with any queries or issues that arise.
- Manage cash flow and cash flow forecast by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports.
- Report to the GFD with timely and accurate financial information.
- Assist the GFD and FPA Manager in presenting reports to senior stakeholders.
- The go-to person for technical accounting and taxation insight, including international transactions between entities.
- The point of contact with Auditors, tax advisors and relevant authorities.
You are an experienced Financial Controller with very strong technical knowledge. You will be very much hands on, often leading by doing, pushing the team for continuous improvement. Ideally you will have ERP implementation experience but as a minimum have an ability to deep dive into systems and process flows to better understand the numbers. You are IT savvy and you like to help an organization get the finance function as robust and efficient. You can provide clear guidance on accounting policies and treatments. You have international experience and have delivered in similar positions previously.
- A relevant degree and additional certification such ACA, ACCA or equivalent.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience (preferably with a start of your career in the accountancy (big 4).
- Good understanding of UK GAAP, CT and VAT.
- Experience preparing statutory accounts for individual entities as well as consolidations.
- Exceptional staff management background.
- Experienced in working with Hardware, Professional Services and Support Contract sales as well as project accounting including time reporting.
- An organizer, a structurer, a planner – you like to straighten things up.
- Result-oriented and with an eye for detail.
- A team player, you share your knowledge with and like to learn from others.
- Energetic, driven and change-minded whilst being a completer/finisher.
- An excellent, to-the-point communicator.
- Proven ability of performing and working under pressure.
- Strong IT skills: in particular strong excel skills and a knowledge of Dynamics GP and SAP Business 1 an advantage.
Kinly is the globally trusted AV and UCC technology advisor to world-class organisations. Our solutions drive maximum collaboration, engagement and productivity to enable a world where people can work together, from everywhere. Our people are unified by a passion for helping teams achieve their workplace communication and collaboration goals, irrespective of complexity, location or project size. We design, engineer and support audio visual and collaboration technology solutions that add real business value and deliver exceptional user experiences, every time.
We are experienced: When you join our family you’ll be part of a multi-award-winning team made up of the industry’s most innovative professionals.
We are proven: The world’s leading global businesses rely on us to deliver secure and reliable meeting experiences. Come with us on our journey.
We are independent: We partner with the world’s best AV vendors to deliver our customers unrivalled access to cutting edge technology tailored to their exact needs.
We are global: You’ll be working with alongside the world’s leading brands and supporting them on high-profile, international projects.
Kinly is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, gender identity, pregnancy, colour, race, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, religion or any other ‘protected characteristics. We welcome your application.