*Field position - NY-NJ
Position Summary: The Lead Field Engineer, along with performing the hands-on installation of audio and video equipment, will delegate tasks to other members of the field installation team. Ensuring that all tasks are completed to scope, checking other Field Engineer’s work, and mentoring the less experienced, are all requirements of a Lead Field Engineer. Once a system is installed, he will commission the system and solve any technical issues, liaising with clients to ensure their satisfaction. He will also be called upon to provide break/fix support to clients as required.
- Work with client’s schedule and set expectations.
- Installation and deployment of Video conferencing and AV Systems – while supervising and advising other onsite field technicians
- Compiling room and equipment inventory for asset tracking database
- Ability to handle loading and unloading pallets and other large shipments.
- Review BOM/SOW/CAD drawings prior to project launch.
- Perform onsite inventory and capture serial numbers and mac addresses for asset tracking
- Installation of ceiling and wall mounted AV equipment, ex. displays, speakers, cameras, etc.
- Installation of cables as directed in the pull schedule.
- Work with Lead Engineer & Project Manager to confirm project requirements are completed efficiently.
- Remote programming, working with technicians out in the field to load programs, test, and commission system. Using remote PC software s
- Software troubleshooting, working with technicians in the field to commission systems and customer Handoff.
- Working with project management team in project close out, preforming site user acceptance test (UAT)
- Participate in documenting and maintaining operations, network development, and maintenance processes and procedures.
- Participate in engineering and project reviews providing critical analysis comments.
- Capture screenshots of client specific system, for user guides in accordance to Kinly standards
- Working with design CAD Schematics, ensuring systems are installed and working at optimum levels and to client expectations.
- Fault finding systems and resolve issues associated with design and manufacturer
- Complete User Acceptance Testing (UAT) at client’s site which includes final adjustment of system prior to handover to client.
- Provide user-training to end client if our transition service in not available
- Support Project Manager in the successful delivery of all projects
- Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers to ensure technical knowledge is gained to successfully deliver projects.
- All duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Planning & Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
Use of Technology - Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent technical knowledge of AV & VC equipment from all major brands.
- An up-to-date understanding of the AV marketplace including products and trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects
- Ability to understand project schedule and plans
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure is essential
- Good understanding of IT and networks
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
- Ability to interface well with key project stakeholders and end users
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or three to five years relevant Industry experience AVIXA-Design and/or AQAV Certified Quality Designer Certifications are preferred