Onsite - 5 Days NYC Client
This person will be vital to our business and support customer AV equipment and conference rooms as dedicated-onsite/remote AV Tier 2 Engineer for Colgate in NYC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Level II Technical
- • 2-4 years’ experience in video conferencing & audio-visual support
- • Managing designated videoconferencing & audio-visual facilities, systems maintenance, operations and administration of Client standards of video, audio and web conferencing services
- • Creating, managing, and deploying client provided on site spares inventory
- • Performing call setups, 1st, and 2nd level problem determination (defective microphone, remote control not working, system or system component turned off, power cables unplugged, etc.) as needed using designated client tools and procedures
- • Installing small or portable videoconference & nonintegrated audio-visual hardware
- • Provide training and client support to users in the operations of videoconferencing & audio-visual systems
- • Assisting and/or providing guidance to other videoconferencing & audio-visual coordinators
- • Compiling room and equipment inventory for the Client database
- • Full knowledge of Client conferencing standards
Level II Non-Technical
• Accepts personal responsibility for client satisfaction
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
• Be flexible to off-hour setup or support requests
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and often independently
• Direct telephone interaction with user community and business unit professionals
• Staying abreast of advances and trends in the videoconferencing & audio-visual industry
• Abide by operating company dress code
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills required.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Must have the ability to keep up with high-volume and fast-paced environment
- Must have strong ability to creating, manage and deploy client provided on-site spares inventory
- Currently has or held a security clearance over the last five years with no open investigations or scope issues. Potential candidates will be run through JPAS check.
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing, from a technical perspective as well as with non-technical end users at all levels
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills required
- Providing superior customer satisfaction and support
- Teamwork; Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Adaptability: Be flexible to off-hour setup, support requests, or physical redeployment for backup purposes to meet customer timelines or service contract obligations
- Display Continuous Learning in Industry and Field
- Prior military service will be helpful for this particular need.
- Abide by operating company dress code
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2-4 years’ prior work experience in video conferencing & audio-visual support
- Legacy Tandberg Certifications
- Cisco Certified Network Associate - CCNA
- Infocomm Certified Technology Specialist CTS
- Network + Certification
- Crestron 101 Toolbox and Digital Media certifications is a plus
- BiAmp and Clear One DSP certifications is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Communications is a plus
- Valid Driver’s license
Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Compute rate, ratio, and percent, and draw and interpret bar graphs.
Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Windows10 OS
- Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Microsoft Teams or comparable IM client
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 25-30 pounds.