Please note this is a one year fixed term contract.
The People Business Partner supports specific client groups/cost centres within Kinly; they work closely with management and employees "on the front line," providing hands-on and strategic input, insight, and advice on people-related issues: talent management, employee relations, coaching/development, compensation, conflict management, organisational development, and training. The BP plays an essential role in establishing and driving Kinly’s people programmes/talent initiatives forward within their client groups, while always ensuring they align with Kinly’s local and global business objectives.
- To work closely with the Head of People and Global People Director and integrate with the other BP’s and people support team.
- You will also manage, lead and develop a small People team e.g. a People Administrator and People Placement Student. You will recruit new employees, undertake performance management e.g. set targets and undertake 1-2-1’s and appraisals throughout the year, identify training and development opportunities, highlight continuous improvement operational initiatives for the department and continue to champion the EUSA internship programme.
- Provide people support to the Sunbury, Threadneedle and Livingston & Dublin office, with a defined set of departments/cost centres to business partner.
- Regularly meets with department heads and managers to discuss people matters.
- Responsible for disciplinary processes (up to dismissal) and grievance procedures e.g. investigations or hearings.
- Provides support on dispute resolution, redundancy scenarios and performance cases.
- Partner with senior leadership & extended management teams to develop and implement effective people policies and practices that will support the strategic growth of the business.
- Offer thought leadership regarding organisational and people-related strategy and execution.
- Provide timely information and/or education for all levels of the company on people issues.
- Educate, coach, and partner with managers on performance management and employee development goals in line with the Kinly annual performance review cycle.
- Provide expertise in the areas of feedback, employee relations, development and coaching, compensation, and organisational development.
- Participate in the continual development of people led programs, such as attraction, retention, compensation, benefits, and learning & development.
- Educate team members on compensation practices, including compensation, performance feedback, performance calibration, and career transitions.
- Manage and own TUPE transfers in and out and assist with any mergers and acquisitions.
- Support specific recruitment processes when required e.g. final stage interviews for jobs within client groups of a certain level/grade.
- Works closely with the Compensation and Benefits Manager as to ensure that the monthly payrolls for UK and Ireland are processed, checked and approved on time. Other compensation responsibilities include administering bonuses and other variable compensation elements. Ensuring that the Finance Team are appraised of any specific payroll accruals and exceptional payments.
- Play a supportive role for the Global People Director and the Head of People when employee engagement surveys are launched across the business.
- Champion diversity, equality and inclusion in the workplace and ensures that best practice is adhered to.
- Any other tasks or duties commensurate with the role.
- Have in-depth experience working in a senior human resources role e.g. worked as a HR generalist, HR specialist and/or another client-facing HR role. Plus have experience working with senior leaders and managing relationships with stakeholders and line managers.
- Successful experience as a people leader in a SME or larger business. Experience of leading and managing others whether directly or indirectly at HR Administrator or Advisor level would be advantageous.
- Thrives on change and comfortable with a fast-paced work environment.
- Possesses a deep business acumen.
- Able to work at all levels of the HR “stack” — strategic, operational, and tactical, as well as influence effectively across all levels of a company.
- Demonstrates the ability to navigate through ambiguity, recognising when it is appropriate to introduce more structure and process without derailing current practices.
- Demonstrable experience in the various HR functional areas, especially organisation development, change management and employee relations.
- A deep knowledge of HR programs and practices, including employment laws and best practice.
- Ability to listen and understand the needs of the employees, together with those of the company.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to stylistically adapt communication based on the audience.
- Excellent analytical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills. Critical thinker with success in developing innovative solutions to business issues.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex issues and prioritise projects concurrently.
- Provide and demonstrate change management leadership as well as coach and influence to achieve business results.
- High integrity – will safeguard compliance standards and Kinly’s values.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications and varied exposure to HRIS, LMS and ATS software.
Kinly is the globally trusted AV and UCC technology advisor to world-class organisations. Our solutions drive maximum collaboration, engagement and productivity to enable a world where people can work together, from everywhere. Our people are unified by a passion for helping teams achieve their workplace communication and collaboration goals, irrespective of complexity, location or project size. We design, engineer and support audio visual and collaboration technology solutions that add real business value and deliver exceptional user experiences, every time.
We are experienced: When you join our family you’ll be part of a multi-award-winning team made up of the industry’s most innovative professionals.
We are proven: The world’s leading global businesses rely on us to deliver secure and reliable meeting experiences. Come with us on our journey.
We are independent: We partner with the world’s best AV vendors to deliver our customers unrivalled access to cutting edge technology tailored to their exact needs.
We are global: You’ll be working with alongside the world’s leading brands and supporting them on high-profile, international projects.
Kinly is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, gender identity, pregnancy, colour, race, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, religion or any other ‘protected characteristics. We welcome your application.