ROLE: Project Engineer
CONTRACT TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Hong Kong
The Project Engineer will work within the technical team and will be responsible for providing technical design and support for the duration of a project. Working with the Project Manager to produce system schematics that meet requirements set out in the scope of works.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the equipment specified is correct for the installation.
- Produce system schematics including audio, video, control, power.
- Produce rack layouts.
- Design metalwork work such as input plates and wall boxes.
- Work closely with the project managers and clients to ensure that all requirements specified are accounted for.
- Communicate any site requirements such as IT and FM dependencies.
- Co-ordinate the production of M&E drawings with the CAD team.
- Communicate required system functionality to the control system programmer.
- Liaise with 3rd party trades/subcontractors to ensure smooth integration.
- Test system racks to ensure they meet the requirements identifying and rectify faults prior to shipping.
- Commission equipment to the highest standard on site, including programming of audio DSP’s, setup of digital video systems and setup of video conferencing systems.
- Provide technical support for the duration of the project.
- Excellent technical knowledge of AV & VC equipment from all major brands.
- Must be able to produce AV designs including control flow diagrams, video and audio components
- An up-to-date understanding of the AV marketplace including products and trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects
- Good understanding of IT and networks
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
- CAD experience to produce detailed schematic to company standards
- Manual handling tasks will be required when necessary for moving equipment
If you are selected for interview, and need any reasonable adjustments made for your interview, please let the Talent Acquisition team know, at the point of scheduling.
Kinly is the globally trusted AV and UCC technology advisor to world-class organisations. Our solutions drive maximum collaboration, engagement and productivity to enable a world where people can work together, from everywhere. Our people are unified by a passion for helping teams achieve their workplace communication and collaboration goals, irrespective of complexity, location or project size. We design, engineer and support audio visual and collaboration technology solutions that add real business value and deliver exceptional user experiences, every time.
We are experienced: When you join our family you’ll be part of a multi-award-winning team made up of the industry’s most innovative professionals.
We are proven: The world’s leading global businesses rely on us to deliver secure and reliable meeting experiences. Come with us on our journey.
We are independent: We partner with the world’s best AV vendors to deliver our customers unrivalled access to cutting edge technology tailored to their exact needs.
We are global: You’ll be working with alongside the world’s leading brands and supporting them on high-profile, international projects.
Kinly is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, gender identity, pregnancy, colour, race, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, religion or any other ‘protected characteristics. We welcome your application.