*This is a hybrid position and includes travel to client sites as needed*
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer to join a global audio visual company. Kinly is a leading provider of Audio Visual and Video Conferencing solutions and is expanding rapidly overseas as well as developing a number of market leading innovations.
The Project Engineer will work within the Technical team and will be responsible for providing technical design and support for the duration of a project. Working with the Project Manager to produce system schematics that meet requirements set out in the scope of works.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure that the equipment specified is correct for the installation.
· Produce system schematics including audio, video, control, power.
· Produce rack layouts.
· Design metalwork work such as input plates and wall boxes.
· Work closely with the project managers and clients to ensure that all requirements specified are accounted for.
· Communicate any site requirements such as IT and FM dependencies.
· Co-ordinate the production of M&E drawings with the CAD team.
· Communicate required system functionality to the control system programmer.
· Liaise with 3rd party trades/subcontractors to ensure smooth integration.
· Test system racks to ensure they meet the requirements identifying and rectify faults prior to shipping.
· Commission equipment to the highest standard on site, including programming of audio DSP’s, setup of digital video systems and setup of video conferencing system – Occasional travel required
· Provide technical support for the duration of the project.
· Excellent technical knowledge of AV & VC equipment from all major brands.
· CTS required, CTS-D preferred
· QSC, Biamp DSP programming proven ability / certifications
· An up-to-date understanding of the AV marketplace including products and trends.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects.
· Good understanding of IT and networks.
· Good understanding of Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
· CAD / Visio experience for the production of detailed schematic to company standards.
· Manual handling tasks will be required when necessary for moving equipment.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Kinly is an EEOC Company
Kinly is the globally trusted AV and UCC technology advisor to world-class organisations. Our solutions drive maximum collaboration, engagement and productivity to enable a world where people can work together, from everywhere. Our people are unified by a passion for helping teams achieve their workplace communication and collaboration goals, irrespective of complexity, location or project size. We design, engineer and support audio visual and collaboration technology solutions that add real business value and deliver exceptional user experiences, every time.
We are experienced: When you join our family you’ll be part of a multi-award-winning team made up of the industry’s most innovative professionals.
We are proven: The world’s leading global businesses rely on us to deliver secure and reliable meeting experiences. Come with us on our journey.
We are independent: We partner with the world’s best AV vendors to deliver our customers unrivalled access to cutting edge technology tailored to their exact needs.
We are global: You’ll be working with alongside the world’s leading brands and supporting them on high-profile, international projects.
Kinly is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, gender identity, pregnancy, colour, race, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, religion or any other ‘protected characteristics. We welcome your application.