ROLE: Support Desk Field Technician
CONTRACT TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Cedar Knolls, New Jersey
Job in the Field Close to NJ/NY Applicants only - in the field or Cedar Knolls NJ
This person will be vital to our business and will be an onsite extension of the Kinly support desk in resolving client issues and/or assisting with client events.
Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performing call setup, Low to High level problem determination (defective microphone, remote control not working, system or system component turned off, power cables unplugged, etc.) as needed using designated client tools and procedures.
- Performing systems maintenance, operations, and administration of client standards of video, audio, and web conferencing services.
- Installing videoconference & nonintegrated audio/visual hardware when needed for a trouble ticket or, in some instances, projects.
- Provide training and client support to users in the operations of videoconferencing & audio/visual systems.
- Assisting and/or providing guidance to other videoconferencing & audio/visual coordinators.
- Compiling room and equipment inventory for the client’s database.
- Coordinating videoconferencing & audio/visual activities with other client’s facilities as required (e.g Company/Department Communication Meetings, Special Events, etc.)
- Accepts personal responsibility for client satisfaction.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to have flexibility for off-hour setup or support requests.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and often independently.
- Direct telephone interaction with user community and business unit professionals.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Must have the ability to keep up with high-volume and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing, from a technical perspective as well as with non-technical end users at all levels.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills required.
- Providing superior customer satisfaction and support.
- Teamwork; Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Adaptability; Be flexible to off-hour setup, support requests, or physical redeployment for backup purposes to meet customer timelines or service contract obligations.
- Display continuous learning in industry and field.
- Abide by operating company dress code.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5-10 years’ prior work experience in video conferencing & audio/visual support.
- Legacy Tandberg Certifications are a plus.
- Avixa Certified Technology Specialist (CTS).
- Network + Certification.
- Crestron 101 Toolbox and Digital Media certifications is a plus.
- Biamp and Clear One DSP certifications is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or communications is a plus.
- Valid Driver’s license is necessary.
- Valid passport is a plus.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Compute rate, ratio, and percent, and draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Apply realistic and cost-effective solutions to issues.
- To perform this job successfully an individual must have experience or the motivation to learn the below programs when necessary for a task.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Teams
- Windows 10 OS
- Crestron Toolbox
- Biamp Tesira
- Shure Software Suite
- Q-Sys Software Suite
- Wireshark/Packet sniffers
- VPN Clients (Cisco AnyConnect, Pulse, VMHorizon, etc.)
- TeamViewer/Quick Assist/AnyDesk
- Additional vendor applications, as they develop.
If you are selected for interview, and need any reasonable adjustments made for your interview, please let the Talent Acquisition team know, at the point of scheduling.
Kinly is the globally trusted AV and UCC technology advisor to world-class organisations. Our solutions drive maximum collaboration, engagement and productivity to enable a world where people can work together, from everywhere. Our people are unified by a passion for helping teams achieve their workplace communication and collaboration goals, irrespective of complexity, location or project size. We design, engineer and support audio visual and collaboration technology solutions that add real business value and deliver exceptional user experiences, every time.
We are experienced: When you join our family you’ll be part of a multi-award-winning team made up of the industry’s most innovative professionals.
We are proven: The world’s leading global businesses rely on us to deliver secure and reliable meeting experiences. Come with us on our journey.
We are independent: We partner with the world’s best AV vendors to deliver our customers unrivalled access to cutting edge technology tailored to their exact needs.
We are global: You’ll be working with alongside the world’s leading brands and supporting them on high-profile, international projects.
Kinly is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, gender identity, pregnancy, colour, race, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, religion or any other ‘protected characteristics. We welcome your application.